Friday, November 27, 2009

Arrival

Well, after 36 hours of sitting on the plane or waiting for one and travelling on the train I finally arrived at Robina Station, Gold Coast. The trip was okay,although I didn`t sleep much. Went from Budapest to Frankfurt, then to Singapore(incidentally I fell asleep just south of Kabul), refuelled and then to Sydney. Changed terminals for 5,50$ and was off to Brisbane from where I only had to take a train for 1 h 40 minutes. I still haven`t changed my mind about letting children under the age of 3 on long-haul flights:) but thank God my view has led me to do anything that would land me in prison... yet.:)

Some interesting sidenotes about the airports. At Frankfurt, I happened something quite curious at a Burger King. Normally you ask for a big sized Menu. But here a customer has to ask for a "spar"(savings) Menu in order not to get a King Size!!! In this of all place in Germany, which isn`t exactly the home of consumerism. At Sydney I was singled out by the customs personel and had my bag all messed up, but didn`t find anything in the end. Well, there`s always a first time.:)

Jake (I met him in IW Croatia 2005 - insider information) was about 2 minutes late for which he was obviously utterly sorry. After living in Spain for 3,5 months and travelling 36 hours I found that very amusing.:)

The first day I spent trying not to sleep till the evening, and I did that by watching cricket.:) On top of that it was a five-day game.:D:D:D I guess most of you will find it suprsising how on Earth I did not fall asleep. We had barbecue in the evening with the family plus some friends. Moni also showed up (IW Zagreb as well) and today I should be going to a theme park called WET and WILD (for those of you who know me just a bit will understand how hard was it for me NOT to comment on this)with her and her Sister. (btw there is 20 years to separate the two):)

As for photos, because Jake`s home and tomorrow`s cricket match will definetly deserve some, we all will have to wait a bit as my camera is still in Barcelona.(it wouldn`t be me would it):) But I do have my dad`s with me, without an uploading cable and thank God I`ll meet up my bro in 4 days time.

That`s all for now. I`ve gotta wake Jake up. I just checked on facebook that he couldn`t sleep. That was 5 hours ago, but he told me to wake him up no matter what...:)

No comments: