Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Byron Bay és tsa-i

Hello again. Arrived in Cairns this afternoon and I have to say the weather is distinctly south asian: Hot and humid. There ain‘t much happening here for me today. Already had a walk in the city relaxed in the pool (I guess its a prerequisite of every hostel here) a bit. Am still writing cover letters in my spare time and sending my CVs to various places around Europe. I had to leave everything for the last moment...:)

As for yesterday, we went to Byron Bay where you find the easternmost tip of the Australian mainland and went to the beach there which had lovely sand but the water was a bit fresquito. We still haven‘t figured out why it was so cold. Its also worth of note that since Byron Bay is in New South Wales as opposed to Gold Coast, Queensland you “enter a different timezone“ (+1 hours) even though you‘re at the same longitude! This is because some smartass in QLD thought that they already have too much sun and therefore they don’t hold... This can become interesting when one side of the road is in NSW and the other is in QLD: imagine inviting your neighbour over for dinner, (Hey! You were supposed to be here an hour ago! The food is cold already...) or trying to get to a bank after work...



For my experience so far I can already note that if you want to go sightseeing etc., this is not country. But if you want to do stuff outdoors, it is quite amazing.(I don’t think I need to mention how good the weather is) Hiking, any form of surfing, diving or just jogging, the possibilities are unlimited. Water though is really expensive. It costs almost as much as soft drinks. I love the fruits though. Lo siento pero la cualidad es mucho mejor que en Espana.:)



Oh yeah and if you ever think of watching the movie: The Invention of a Lie... DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING SO!!!!! WORST MOVIE EVER!!! At least we made up for the evening with a one hour of youtube stan-up comedy with Gabriel Igleasias and Jeff Dunham.:)
Tomorrow its off to the Zoo for some Koala Cuddling. Ah yes, and after practically not seeing eachother for 9 months I also meet up with me little brother. Can’t wait!




P.S.: Sorry about the size of the pics, will ask Jake for the originals when I get back to the GC.

No comments: